cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to resolve this issue

Aishwarya
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 23, 2019

fatal: unable to access 'https://user@bitbucket.org/user/bitbucketstationlocations.git/': Failed to connect to bitbucket.org port 443: Timed out

2 answers

1 vote
Kurt Klinner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2019

@Aishwarya 

Hi Aishwarya

welcome to the community.

Is the server/ pc you are running the git command from capable of accessing bitbucket.org

you could quickly run a check via telnet 

telnet bitbucket.org 443 Fri Aug 23 16:50:13 2019
Trying 18.205.93.1...
Connected to bitbucket.org.

Cheers

Kurt

Aishwarya
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 25, 2019

Hi Kurt,

I am trying to check connectivity via telnet but results in below

Connecting To bitbucket.org...Could not open connection to the host, on port 23: Connect failed

Kurt Klinner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2019

@Aishwarya 

Hi Aishwary

you need to specify the port for that test

telnet bitbucket.org 443

Let me know if that works

Cheers

Kurt

0 votes
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 23, 2019

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events