Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to publish a GIT repository to Bitbucket

George Everitt July 28, 2020

The built-in GIT integration with VSCode has a simple "Publish to Github" menu item, but as far as I can tell, there is no simple way to publish a GIT repository up to Bitbucket from within VSCode. Searches for "publish to bitbucket" yield advanced stuff about using pipelines - but what about someone who just wants to use BitBucket as the same basic functionality as GitHub?

If there's a way to do it  without using the command line for GIT, I'd like to see it documented and part of the primer intro.  I'm a veteran Jira and Bitbucket user, and I just can't figure it out. 

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 6, 2020

Hi George!

Did you install the Atlassian for VScode extension? This should make it so much easier to work with both VScode and Bitbucket together. For step by step instructions, you can check our article Get started with VScode

If you did and you're still having trouble, let us know so we can continue helping you.

Best regards,

Ana

George Everitt August 7, 2020

Thanks for the reply, Ana. 

the problem is that I *do* have the Atlassian extension for VSCode.  But all I see are menus for interacting with existing Bitbucket repositories pull requests.  That’s nice, but it still doesn’t allow me to take an offline Git repo and publish it up to bitbucket from within VSCode.  

Like Adam B likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events