Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get access to my previous account?

Peter J. Kootsookos September 29, 2021

I used to have access to a bitbucket repository.

I can still push and pull from it via SSH keys, however now the email associated with the account is defunct, so when I try to access it from the web... I can't receive the confirmation email.

Any idea how to fix this and update the email address?

1 answer

0 votes
Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 1, 2021

Hi, @Peter J. Kootsookos

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

I can see you opened a ticket with our support related to the same question, and I confirmed that the email you informed us that you no longer have access to is an alias on this Bitbucket account, so log in with this email won’t work anyway.

The primary email on this account is another one, so I would ask you to try to log in with other emails you have, and in case you can’t remember this address, I can give you the domain of the primary email masked (with asterisks), which could give you a hint.

Please don't hesitate to ask for any further information if needed. 

Kind regards,
Caroline

Peter J. Kootsookos October 1, 2021

The primary email should be <email removed for privacy reasons>. The company is no longer in existence, so the email doesn't work. Sure, let me know which other accounts are associated with that account!

Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 4, 2021

Hi, Peter! 

The domain of the primary email is: 

@**us*-te**.com 

Please try to log in using this email and let me know if you have any questions. 

Kind regards,
Caroline

Peter J. Kootsookos October 4, 2021

Unfortunately, I have lost access to that email address too. <email removed for privacy reasons>

Caroline R
Atlassian Team
October 5, 2021

Hi, Peter. 

If you are unable to regain access to the primary email of the account, our suggestion would be to create a new Bitbucket account with an email you have access to and recreate the repos of the other account using a local clone.

For security reasons, we cannot make any email changes to a Bitbucket account from our side. The only way to change the Bitbucket account’s email would be to regain access to its primary email and then perform the email change via https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/email”.

Kind regards,
Caroline

Peter J. Kootsookos October 5, 2021

Yes, I figured as much.

I've done, that, but I've recreated it on GitHub, and won't be back if I can avoid it.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events