Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable Git LFS on Bitbucket Cloud

Ian Day December 9, 2020

There's an option to just turn off Git LFS support on Bitbucket Server, but not on Cloud.

How can we do this?

1 answer

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 11, 2020

Hi @Ian Day ,

I'm afraid that at the moment there is no such option available in Bitbucket Cloud.

I can open a feature request for this in our issue tracker if you'd be interested in that, for our product managers to take into account. Please feel free to let me know if you'd like me to do that.

May I ask why you would want to disable Git LFS and how that would be useful for you?

Kind regards,
Theodora

Ian Day December 11, 2020

Well, ita a long story. But the ultimate issue was a forced upgrade of BitBucket due to migrating to cloud caused many issues. Not least of which was macOS not recognising that git-lfs was installed, regardless of the fact that it worked while logged on as the same user that the Bamboo agent was running.

In the end I solved it by editing the com.atlassian.bamboo.plist service file to run the service under bash instead of directly. This is another issue, but the thing should just work.

And in the end, just seems an omission not to be able to decide.

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 16, 2020

Hi Ian,

Thank you for the feedback. I went ahead and opened a feature request for this in our issue tracker:

I would suggest that you add your vote there (by selecting the Vote for this issue link) as the number of votes helps the development team and product managers better understand the demand for new features. You are more than welcome to leave any feedback, and you can also add yourself as a watcher (by selecting the Start watching this issue link) if you'd like to get notified via email on updates.

Implementation of new features is done as per our policy here https://confluence.atlassian.com/support/implementation-of-new-features-policy-201294576.html and any updates will be posted in the feature request.

Please feel free to let me know if you need anything further.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events