Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to changes settings on multiple repos

oschoenborn July 24, 2020

Just wondering if there is a way of doing operations on multiple git repo in bitbucket.

Use cases (examples):

1. I have about 24 repos and I'd like to set myself as default reviewer on 8 of them. 
  2. I want to change the membership on a all repos like adding & removing users, etc.
  3. I want to create a pipeline variable across a dozen repos
  4. I want to turn on pipeline across a bunch of repos
  5. I want to create the same Deployment name across a dozen repos

Is there a way of doing these sorts of operations from a dashboard that I'm not seeing? Where I could checkmark the repos to apply settings to, a bit like you can do in JIRA batch operations where you can filter tickets then apply settings. I'm using Bitbucket Cloud.

Note: I realize I could use the REST API but I find it takes as much work to figure out how to use it as it does to do the above changes by hand. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 29, 2020

Hi @oschoenborn, thanks for reaching out! 

At the moment, it's not possible to adjust the settings in bulk, you'll need to do it one by one. I've gone through our portal and found this feature request you might be interested in:

You can vote for it to show your interest, you can also leave a comment with some examples about how you'd use this feature. 

I hope that helps you! Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you and we'll be happy to assist.

Best regards,

Ana

oschoenborn August 31, 2020

Thanks I added link back to here

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events