Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to apply certain items in the stash rather than all

monkeypunch December 17, 2012

Hi, so I used stash feature in SourceTree for the first time today. After stashing my changes I pulled in and applied an update from the master branch. I clicked on the stash column on the left and selected the entry. It shows all the files that were different. Is there a way to check the files I want applied and only apply those files and not all of them? Or maybe I do want to restore all of them? I don't know.

More detail

I guess I was looking for a view that showed the files in a grid with checkboxes next to them.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2012

Hi Monkeypunch,

Apologies if I'm misunderstanding your question, but is this Stash the Atlassian product, or stash the git functionality we're talking about? It seems like you might be talking about the latter, possibly in SourceTree or another Git GUI of some type.

Assuming we're talking about Git, after you unstash your changes you can certainly add a specific set of files to the 'index' and committing. Most guis will allow you checkbox which files you want to add when you commit. You can then re-stash the remaining changes, or ignore them.

I hope I'm on the right track.

Charles

monkeypunch December 18, 2012

Hi Charles,

I'm using the stash feature in SourceTree. I don't know what this Stash thing is you speak of. Why would I want it (does it do what stash does in SourceTree)?

0 votes
cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2012

Hi Monkeypunch,

Just as I suspected. Stash is the latest product from Atlassian that does Git repository management for behind-the-firewall customers. We've just released 2.0 which included the important branch permission feature. It would be a good fit for you or your company if you needed Enterprise Git hosting, but weren't interested or able to use cloud-based services such as Bitbucket or GitHub. The name Stash is obviously derived from a certain Git feature. ;-)

Cheers,

Charles

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events