Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to access my repos after the change to workspaces

Rainer Schulz April 22, 2020

Hi, comming out of vacation i realize, that 1. Bitbucket changed to workspaces and 2. everything is now with Atlassian account. 

Now i m not able to use my repos any more, i can not access the repo's. The URL has changed do to workspaces, that's ok, but when i try to connect my atlassian pw does not work , and my old bitbucket pw does not work. doing a clone locally on mac : 

emote: Too many invalid password attempts. Log in at https://id.atlassian.com/ to restore access.
fatal: unable to access 'https://bronchito@bitbucket.org/bronchito/localtac.git/': The requested URL returned error: 403

when i log in to id.atlassian.com , how to "restore access " ??? can not find anything. I ve downloaded sourcetree, with this i m able to clone locally , but sourcetree uses access key's so i can not find out, what kind of pw is used. I m confused and want to use the repo in my local dev. 

3 answers

0 votes

Thanks for reply. 

Yes , i read in the documentation, that the old url's can be used. The problem on my side, regards more to the pw, cause my old pw for bitbucket does not work anymore, it uses now the Atlassian pw. That's ok. I think ,that my IDE, tries to connect to the repo with my old pw, that leads into "to many attemps". Now it seems to be working. 

Daniil Penkin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 22, 2020

Cool, glad to know that it works for you and that you found what caused the problem.

0 votes
Daniil Penkin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 22, 2020

Hello @Rainer Schulz ,

Welcome to the Community.

The URL has changed do to workspaces, that's ok

Just to make clear, repository URLs haven't changed unless you renamed the workspace. Your personal workspace has same slug as your username, other workspaces were converted from teams and have their slugs, again, unless changed.

In fact, workspaces co-existed along with users and teams for quite some time, they were simply not visible anywhere in UI.

If this is not the case, please elaborate on which URLs have changed for you.

Cheers,
Daniil

0 votes

Don't know, what happens, after hours, i m now able to connect using the Atlassian PW , now it works. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events