Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I restart failed builds?

How would I restart failed builds on the Bitbucket pull request UI?

We have a system where our pull requests go through TeamCity CI/CD

We have couple flaky unit tests that turn green after several retries.

2021-12-10 10_27_12-insightly _ core _ Pull Request #23956_ EN-43150_ EN-43072 Invalid Chart error f.png

How would I restart those builds?

So far I was relying on resyncing my development branch with the main one, which re-triggers the build.
My colleagues also advised me to push an empty update onto the development branch, but really what I want is to find a button of sorts on the UI to restart the build.

1 answer

0 votes
Norbert C Atlassian Team Dec 12, 2021

Hi Evgeny,

Thank you for contacting Atlassian Community! I'm Norbert from Bitbucket Cloud Support, it's nice to meet you! Also, welcome to the Atlassian Community :)

I'd like to inform you that how CI/CD tools work is that Bitbucket Cloud is sending a Webhook event and once this Webhook payload is received by your CI/CD instance, the build is getting triggered.

Unfortunately we don't have the functionality to trigger a manual Webhook payload. 

Currently we have a feature request for this as you can see in the link below:

* BCLOUD-20539 - As a customer, I want to be able to manually trigger a webhook

Our development team will give a first-hand update on that ticket if there's any progress made so I would suggest keeping a watch and vote for it.

Do note however that there's no ETA on enhancement request, and all enhancements are implemented with this policy in mind: Implementation of New Features Policy

For now the only workaround which I can think of is to create a commit in the PR, which triggers a Webhook event and sent to your CI/CD tool.

Please let us know if you have any further question?

Best Regards,

Norbert
Atlassian Bitbucket Cloud Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

⭐ Calling all Bitbucket and DevOps experts: Special showcase opportunity ⭐

Hi, Bitbucket community! Are you a DevOps practitioner (or know one in your network)? Do you have DevOps tips, tricks, or learnings you'd like to share with the community? If so, we'd love to hea...

1,440 views 4 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you