Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I re-issue a PR after reverting it?

Zoe Hart May 18, 2018

I created a feature branch feature/xyz off of my main develop branch and made my changes there. I issued a PR 21 and merged feature/xyz back into develop. Then I reverted that merge operation. The revert created a new branch, revert-pr-21 and issued a PR 22 to merge revert-pr-21 into develop. And I merged revert-pr-21 into develop. So far so good in that I got my develop branch back where I needed it to be. 

But it was just an issue of timing. I needed my branch feature/xyz changes out of develop before I cut a release branch from develop. So now I want those branch feature/xyz changes back in develop again. But when I tried to create a Pull Request to merge feature/xyz into develop it says "No commits on feature/xyz that aren't on develop." It seems to think all of the changes in branch feature/xyz are in develop because I merged them in earlier. It doesn't appear to recognize the merging revert-pr-21 into develop undid all of those changes. 

So how do I get them into develop? It looks like bitbucket will let me do a merge from feature/xyz to develop. It just won't let me issue a PR. Maybe because the original PR 21 for that merge is still out there? Is going ahead with the merge without a new PR the right way to go? 

2 answers

0 votes
Marcel Cruz
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 7, 2020

Same case here... I just realized that I have to revert the 1st revert

0 votes
Nikhil Gaikwad
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 24, 2019

I am also facing exactly same issue. Please answer anyone.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events