Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I find out who is the administrator of a Bitbucket repository

jackigoldman August 16, 2016

I have some repositories on Bitbucket that I haven't worked on for a while. They are private and, as far as I'm aware, I used to be the admin for them. I  need to give access to the person who is taking over the project form me, but I no longer get the cog icon that allows me to do this.

How do I find out who is administering this repository to restore my admin rights?

1 answer

0 votes
Yogesh Mude[Jira]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2016

HI @Jacki Goldman

Select the repo which you want to find admin rights and at the left down corner you can find cog item (ie. settings ) and check selecting Access Management there you can find the Access related rights. 

jackigoldman August 16, 2016

The problem is, the cog icon does not appear for this repository. I haven't done any admin for it in absolutely ages, although I have been able to create branches, commit, etc. For some reason, my access has been changed from admin to write and I need to find out how to change it back.

Yogesh Mude[Jira]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2016

ah, might be you could have been changed before some time  ...smile 

how it is automatically changed....someone have done the changes in that.

Johannes Kilian
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 16, 2016

If you are not an admin of the repo you will not see the cog ....

I used to use the addon https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.orbitz.stash.plugins.permission-viewer-plugin/server/overview for showing permissions - but it's not compatible with recent Bitbucket versions anymore

Like henry likes this
Yogesh Mude[Jira]
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 16, 2016

or else might be you have transfer/ change the repo ownership to another user or group.

Check the URL of repo you can find the User or group  name related to that repo.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events