How do I delete a bad account?

I have an account whose email is bad. I created it with an email address that I wanted to change, but when I went into the account manager and changed the email, my login email did not change and notifications are all going to the old email address. I need to have access to some repositories and I need changes to go to a different email address.

It appears that the only way to get this account to work properly is to delete my current account and create a new one. I looked into the documentation, but the instructions in the documentation say that I should go to the Account Management page and select "delete account".

Problem is that there is no such link on my Account Management page.

So: how do I delete an account that I don't want??? Someone Please advise.

2 answers

Thank-you!!  could not find this anywhere.

Thank you!

This helped me to close my redundant account.

Thanks. Helped me to close unused account

0 vote

Is this a team account? Probably best to contact support by emailing us the account details at support@bitbucket.org

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jun 12, 2018 in Bitbucket

Do you use any Atlassian products for your personal projects?

After spinning my wheels trying to get organized enough to write a book for National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) I took my affinity for Atlassian products from my work life and decided to tr...

29,454 views 26 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you