Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heroku Buildpack

Peter Boling March 17, 2024

There doesn't appear to be a way to use a custom Heroku Buildpack with the Heroku Deploy Pipe.

This is quite silly.

1 answer

1 vote
Oleksandr Kyrdan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 22, 2024

Hi @Peter Boling 

Thanks for your feedback.

It is a good feature case to contribute to the open-sourced pipe to make it better.

Any pull-request with a new features or improvements from the community are welcome (How to Contribute to the pipe).

Best regards,
Oleksandr Kyrdan

Peter Boling March 22, 2024

I was able to specify the buildpack via the CLI, and then the deploy pipe used it, but I am extremely lucky that I've worked with Heroku for so long that I had a hunch it might work.  I found no posts about this, no documentation about this, and no hint that this was possible.  It should be documented in the pipe readme, or somewhere official.  Using a custom buildpack is something I have had to do literally every time I have used Heroku.  Standard buildpacks... why do they even exist, I have never had a use for them.

It's just odd that the only way Heroku is useful as a product isn't even documented.

Oleksandr Kyrdan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 27, 2024

@Peter Boling 

It would be nice if you could provide some details and examples of the solution and share your experience with the Atlassian community Write an Article.

Let's make Bitbucket Pipes better!

Best regards,
Oleksandr Kyrdan

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events