Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone used ELK Stack as the search engine for a Bitbucket (DC in this case) deployment?

LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2018

It has been suggested I use an existing ELK stack as the search engine for a Bitbucket DC deployment.  Have you use ELK and if so, what are the good and bad points of doing so?  Any particular pain-points to avoid?  Thanks!

1 answer

1 vote
Michael Walker
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 9, 2018

Hi Larry,

My name is Michael and I am from the Atlassian DevTools Support team.

While I can't necessarily speak to the pros and cons of using an ELK stack, I can confirm for you that you are more than welcome to do so utilizing our install and configure a remote Elasticsearch instance guide. One thing I would like to point out is our Supported Platforms for Bitbucket where you can note that our recent releases of Bitbucket (5.7.x - 5.9.x) all support ElasticSearch 5.5.1 and 5.5.3 (5.5.2 for AWS environments). As long as you meet this version requirement, you are welcome to use ELK.

If you have any questions for us please let us know, otherwise, I'm sure someone in the community who has this in place would be welcome to share their experience thus far.

Best Regards,

Michael

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events