Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Git push via HTTP to Stash behind IIS Proxy Time-out

Charles Chappell October 16, 2012

I'm having trouble pushing an existing repository to Stash via HTTP through an IIS 7 Proxy.

The suggestions I've found on the interwebs including increasing the allowable post size on IIS and Tomcat, (done) configuring the server to allow chunked HTTP posts, (can't figure out how despite instructions) and increasing the git buffer size so it doesn't use HTTP chunking. (doesn't help)

The Tomcat side shows an error indicating that it didn't receive the entire post, and the client side shows "The remote end hung up unexpectedly", so it seems to me like the IIS proxy is to blame here, and in fact, when using GIT via SSH, it works fine, but that's not practical in our environment due to the network configuration.

It seems like there's some hard limit on the post size being enforced, but I can't determine why that is, or how to enable IIS and the tomcat connector to work with chunking.

3 answers

0 votes
Pascal Empl August 1, 2014

Hi Charles,

how did you manage to proxy Stash trough IIS?

My Problem is that i am able to open the webinterface but can't do any git operation through IIS.

Kind regards

Pascal Empl

0 votes
Charles Chappell October 23, 2012

As part of the investigation taking place on Atlassian's side, it was discovered that this is overall a Mac->Windows HTTPS issue with large posts.

This problem does not manifest with HTTP, and has been identified by others as happening even with just a large post over HTTPS to a windows server.

Looks like the answer is "There's a problem with large posts over HTTPS using IIS when the client is a Mac".

https://github.com/projectkudu/kudu/issues/171

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/azuregit/thread/2edc314d-8e18-4d12-843e-92d6de6c3c3d

0 votes
Bryan Turner
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 17, 2012

Charles,

I'm one of the Atlassian Stash developers, and I'd like to try and help with this issue. To facilitate that, could you please open a ticket at support.atlassian.com? We can exchange a bit more information about what you've tried so far and about your environment and then I'll build a similar setup here to reproduce the issue and investigate possible fixes.

Once we've resolved the issue, I'll post the solution we come up with as another answer to this question so the community can benefit from it.

Best regards,
Bryan Turner
Atlassian Stash

Charles Chappell October 17, 2012

Done. Please look up issue SSP-316.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events