Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Git and Stash on Separate Servers

fcukinyahoo November 17, 2013

I m setting behind the firewall Git server and I want to point Stash to it. Is it possible? As far as I can tell, it is not possible to host Git and Stash on separate servers. Any ideas on that?

2 answers

0 votes
cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2013

Hi,

What do you mean a 'Git server'? Do you just mean a server running the standard Git daemon? As Thiago points Stash is talking directly to Git and the repositories are stored on the filesystem. What would be the benefit of running both Stash and a Git server?

You might be interested in mirroring, but Stash would have to be the central host and the Git server read-only.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.englishtown.stash-hook-mirror

Otherwise you could write a plugin or cron job that fetches periodically from your Git server, but you would never be able to make changes in Stash (ie merge a pull request). It would be for viewing purposes only.

Cheers,

Charles

0 votes
ThiagoBomfim
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 21, 2013

Hi,

In order to install Stash behind the firewall, please follow the procedures below:

Installing Stash on Linux/Mac

or

Installing Stash on Windows

You must have Git installed on the server you are running Stash in both cases.

Best regards,

Thiago Bomfim

Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events