This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=777023203

Firefox supports U2F, when will I be able to use my security key with bitbucket/other Atlassian products? https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/u2f-support-add-on/

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

I don't have an answer, but I am surely interested in it. It looks like bitbucket does a browser check and refuses to let me use my ubikey because I use firefox. Plz remove that check. Firefox has a plugin which works fine. I use it for other services as well.

(First-class support for FIDO U2F has now landed in the release channel, so an addon is no longer required; also, FIDO2/WebAuthn is available behind a configuration flag!)

This widget could not be displayed.

Luckily Bitbucket Cloud gained U2F support a few weeks ago already, see Universal 2nd Factor (U2F) now supported in Bitbucket Cloud for details.

I'm not aware of any current U2F initiatives regarding other Atlassian products, though there more general 2FA related issues where U2F has at least been mentioned in the comments already:

"Currently, your browser doesn’t support the FIDO U2F standard. Get the latest version of Google Chrome to use a security key device."

nope, won't let me; the extension certainly works, I'm using it with Github smile

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 21, 2018 in Bitbucket

Branch Management with Bitbucket

As a project manager, I have discovered that different developers want to bring their previous branching method with them when they join the team. Some developers are used to performing individual wo...

1,296 views 8 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you