Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubt about Developers group permission

Rodrigo Porto Riveiro May 27, 2022

Hi, everyone

I have a doubt about developers permission group. I have added a member to Developers group and when this member create a repository it gets Admin permission for that repository.

developers-group.png

I would like to any member of Developers group could create repositories without being Admin.

¿It is possible? ¿Is this behaviour right?

Thanks in advance :),

Regards

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Mark C
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 30, 2022

Hi @Rodrigo Porto Riveiro

Thank you for reaching out to the community.

I'm currently verifying this internally.
I'll get back to you as soon as I hear from them.

Regards,
Mark C

Rodrigo Porto Riveiro May 30, 2022

Hi, @Mark C 

Thank you for your answer.

Regards

Mark C
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 13, 2022

Hi @Rodrigo Porto Riveiro

My apologies for the super late response here.

It appears it is expected that the user who creates a repository will be added as "Admin" inside the repository "User and group access" settings regardless of their workspace user group membership permission.

Right now, I went ahead and created a feature request for this to change the behaviour that can be located through this link. - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BCLOUD-22018

You can upvote and watch it for now so that you'll be notified of any updates from our team when the feature becomes available on Bitbucket Cloud.
Please do note that we don't have an exact ETA for the feature request as all new features will be implemented according to our policy here.

Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have further questions.

Regards,
Mark C

Rodrigo Porto Riveiro July 13, 2022

Hi, @Mark C 

Thank you for having created this feature request :).

Regards

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events