Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default branch for Pull Requests

Rob van der Lee April 19, 2022

One of our repositories has troubles getting the default branch to change, specifically in the PR window. We've set the default branch in the "Advanced" section under "Repository details" in the settings:

default_branch_selected.jpg

Then if we make a new PR it does not show the correct default branch. On other repositories this has worked fine for us but I cannot figure this one out as to why I cannot change this repository.

pull_request_shows_wrong_branch.jpg

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 20, 2022

Hi, @Rob van der Lee, welcome to the community! 

For pull request workflows, the default target branch will be the one set as the Development branch on your Branching model (Repository settings > Branching model). There, you can select the main branch (the one you defined on your advanced settings) or a specific branch.

In this case, could you please confirm which branch is defined as the development branch in this repository?

Please feel free to share any additional questions or concerns regarding this case.

Kind regards,
Caroline

Rob van der Lee April 25, 2022

Hi, thanks for the timly reply. You are absolutly right. That fixed my problem. The reason why all other repositories did not have this problem is because they were all defaulting to the "Use main branch" option as where this specific repository was set to "master".

Thanks so much :)

Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 25, 2022

Hi, Rob! Thanks for your confirmation, I'm glad to help! 

Like Rob van der Lee likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events