Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Change billing contact

Is it possible to change the billing contact / billing email address to someone not included in the list of users?  Would prefer if the monthly invoice email could be sent directly to our accounts department.

3 answers

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
Ana Retamal Atlassian Team Jul 19, 2018

Hi there!

To have the invoices sent to a different email address than the Bitbucket account's owner, this needs to be set up at https://my.atlassian.com. The desired email address needs to be added as primary billing contact, for more details you can check 
How to update the contacts in my Atlassian products.

Hope that helps :)

Ana

The new email address cannot be made primary if it's not from the same domain as the owner.  Not sure why this is the rule.

Ana Retamal Atlassian Team Jul 25, 2018

Hi Phil, I'm afraid that's not correct, the new email address can always be made primary, it just follows different steps:

• If the new contact shares the same email domain as the existing Primary Contact, you will be able to instantly promote the new contact by selecting Make Primary
  • If you are adding a contact from a different or public email domain, they will need to log into their own My.Atlassian account and promote themselves by selecting Make Primary.

This is explained in the article I linked about. 

I hope this clarifies your concern and if you still have questions please let us know!

Cheers,

Ana

0 votes
Ana Retamal Atlassian Team Jul 16, 2018

Hi Phil, welcome to the Community!

Bitbucket Cloud doesn't have a billing contact, the account (if not in the Free plan) will be paid by the owner. Are you maybe referring to a different product?

Please let us know and we'll be happy to help :)

Kind regards,

Ana  

Hi Ana,

I created the Bitbucket cloud account on behalf of the company I work for.  It's paid for by a company credit card.  Would just prefer if the monthly invoices (and other billing correspondence) could be emailed to our Accounts department instead of me.

Thanks,

Phil

Like tipjosh likes this
Ana Retamal Atlassian Team Jul 17, 2018

Hi @Phil Jeffrey, I've created a Support ticket so I can continue assisting you with this matter privately. You should have received a notification in your inbox :) 

Cheers!

Ana

Hi Ana

I face same issue - the owner is someone who is now leaving the company and we would like to move things to a new email/person

SHall we go through a support ticket?

Thanks

Dem.

Ana Retamal Atlassian Team Jan 11, 2019

Hi @Demetris Constantinou, you can change the contacts by following the steps at How do I update the Billing and Technical Contacts for my Atlassian products?

Let us know if you have any questions,

Ana

Hi Ana

Am afraid this works only for Jira/Confluence/Service desk but NOT for Bitbucket! For bitbucket as you also mention above it requires OWNERSHIP - not just admin. 

The link answers what we already know and have done. We have been though finding it impossible to change the billing address as an example for Bitbucket 

Like # people like this

My billing department is getting very angry with me because they aren't being copied on billing for Bitbucket.

Is there any movement on this?

Like # people like this

@Ana Retamal , it seems like the link is broken, is there updated documentation for this?

I am also having this issue. Any update?

Same here! Atlassian --> please provide a solution!

Also having this issue!

Also having this issue.  Please help.

0 votes

Any answers yet? Having the same problem 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

Calling any interview participants for Bitbucket Data Center

Hi everyone,  We are looking to learn more about development teams’ workflows and pain points, especially around DevOps, integrations, administration, scale, security, and the related challeng...

539 views 6 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you