Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change billing contact

jeftech July 15, 2018

Is it possible to change the billing contact / billing email address to someone not included in the list of users?  Would prefer if the monthly invoice email could be sent directly to our accounts department.

6 answers

1 accepted

8 votes
Answer accepted
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 19, 2018

Hi there!

To have the invoices sent to a different email address than the Bitbucket account's owner, this needs to be set up at https://my.atlassian.com. The desired email address needs to be added as primary billing contact, for more details you can check 
How to update the contacts in my Atlassian products.

Hope that helps :)

Ana

jeftech July 23, 2018

The new email address cannot be made primary if it's not from the same domain as the owner.  Not sure why this is the rule.

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 25, 2018

Hi Phil, I'm afraid that's not correct, the new email address can always be made primary, it just follows different steps:

• If the new contact shares the same email domain as the existing Primary Contact, you will be able to instantly promote the new contact by selecting Make Primary
  • If you are adding a contact from a different or public email domain, they will need to log into their own My.Atlassian account and promote themselves by selecting Make Primary.

This is explained in the article I linked about. 

I hope this clarifies your concern and if you still have questions please let us know!

Cheers,

Ana

2 votes
Ginger Grant May 7, 2022

Same problem. Looks like we need to cancel our account and find a vendor who cares.

1 vote
Service_Account June 9, 2021

We're also having the same issue - our accounting/billing/finance team wants bills send directly to them and we can't work out how to do that so we've been manually retrieving them which is a huge pain. Atlassian please fix this!

0 votes
Neil June 11, 2023

Same issue here, at the very least make clear in the suggested solution, that is also found when googeling the problem that it does noet worl for bibucket, hunting around for settings that don't exist/work is a waste of time.

0 votes
Rafael Silva April 9, 2021

Any answers yet? Having the same problem 

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
July 16, 2018

Hi Phil, welcome to the Community!

Bitbucket Cloud doesn't have a billing contact, the account (if not in the Free plan) will be paid by the owner. Are you maybe referring to a different product?

Please let us know and we'll be happy to help :)

Kind regards,

Ana  

jeftech July 16, 2018

Hi Ana,

I created the Bitbucket cloud account on behalf of the company I work for.  It's paid for by a company credit card.  Would just prefer if the monthly invoices (and other billing correspondence) could be emailed to our Accounts department instead of me.

Thanks,

Phil

Like tipjosh likes this
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
July 17, 2018

Hi @jeftech, I've created a Support ticket so I can continue assisting you with this matter privately. You should have received a notification in your inbox :) 

Cheers!

Ana

Demetris Constantinou January 11, 2019

Hi Ana

I face same issue - the owner is someone who is now leaving the company and we would like to move things to a new email/person

SHall we go through a support ticket?

Thanks

Dem.

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
January 11, 2019

Hi @Demetris Constantinou, you can change the contacts by following the steps at How do I update the Billing and Technical Contacts for my Atlassian products?

Let us know if you have any questions,

Ana

Demetris Constantinou January 11, 2019

Hi Ana

Am afraid this works only for Jira/Confluence/Service desk but NOT for Bitbucket! For bitbucket as you also mention above it requires OWNERSHIP - not just admin. 

The link answers what we already know and have done. We have been though finding it impossible to change the billing address as an example for Bitbucket 

Like # people like this
scott coleman September 5, 2019

My billing department is getting very angry with me because they aren't being copied on billing for Bitbucket.

Is there any movement on this?

Like # people like this
Andreas Amundsen August 24, 2020

@Ana Retamal , it seems like the link is broken, is there updated documentation for this?

Rick Elsum October 8, 2020

I am also having this issue. Any update?

eric_tenvoorde October 27, 2020

Same here! Atlassian --> please provide a solution!

Eric Barnes December 18, 2020

Also having this issue!

Jeffrey Mele February 8, 2021

Also having this issue.  Please help.

Admin FDL April 15, 2021

Same here

Jeremy Capblancq April 29, 2021

They don't seem to care like most open issues related to bitbucket ... 

antonbremer September 27, 2021

Same here

Markus Berner January 3, 2022

Also having this issue. C'mon Atlassian...

Erick Valério February 11, 2022

same problem.

Brandon Gruber July 8, 2022

I guess this is still a problem? I have been going around in circles for 45mins trying to figure out how to add a billing contact for Bitbucket... Why the heck is it completely different than Jira? We have both products but have to manage the billing in two separate ways/places? This is crazy.

Like # people like this
Kay Weber September 27, 2022

Hi, it looks like this issue still exist - I need tu have the Tax Invoice / Receipt for our finance department. E-Mail will be fine -  But I get no e-mail and have no other was to download the same.  Have some one a step for step solution how I get my Tax Invoice / Receipt? 

Best Regards, Kay  

Dave Robertson April 11, 2023

Same issue here... This is so bad!

Like Cristi Balaci likes this
Pushkar Aditya September 20, 2023

It is disheartening to see that issue is still existing and it is not getting enough attention. My vote is to fix this (or develop) on highest priority (as it is directly related to revenue).

Ian Macdonald October 5, 2023

Just updated the billing contact for bitbucket using https://my.atlassian.com/product so this works. 

Ignacio Bermúdez January 3, 2024

Hi. I updated the billing contact for bitbucket using https://my.atlassian.com/product but I´m still having old contact info on my billing, any help?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events