Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot sign in to bitbucket

Charles Moga October 11, 2021

I cannot effectively login to bitbucket. I get this message and there is nothing I can about it:

Your Bitbucket account with username "username" is not linked to your Atlassian account "email".

Clicking on Link Account button renders nothing.

I don't want to link my organization to my email because I use bitbucket only for client projects.

1 answer

0 votes
Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 11, 2021

Hi, @Charles Moga

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

Checking your Bitbucket account, I can see that this account is linked to a workspace that has been converted from a team account. Bitbucket has removed the ability to log in using a team account so that's why you are not being able to log in/link this account. 

In order to allow you to reaccess this account, we can disassociate the email from this workspace. Then, you will be able to create a new account using this address, as a personal account.

After creating your account, please let me know, so I can give you admin access to this workspace again. 

In case you want to proceed with the disassociation of your email from this workspace, please add your approval here. 

Please don't hesitate to ask for any further information if needed. 

Kind regards,
Caroline 

Charles Moga October 13, 2021

Thanks Caroline. Yes please disassociate my email from this workspace. 

Thank you.

Charles

Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 13, 2021

Hi, Charles

Thanks for your confirmation! We have disassociated your email from the workspace. Now you should be able to create a new Bitbucket account using this address.

Please let us know once you have created this account, so we can give you access to the workspace again.

Feel free to share any additional questions or concerns regarding this case. 

Kind regards,
Caroline 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events