Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot log into my bitbucket account

Dominik Neise July 30, 2016

Hello,

I can't log into my bb account anymore. It says:

"""

You can no longer log in with a username. Use your Atlassian account email address instead.

"""

When using my Atlassian account email address it says:

"""
The email address or password you entered is incorrect.
"""

Okay so I went to "Forgot my passoword" and type in my Atlassian email. it says:

"""
We couldn't find an account matching that e-mail address. Are you sure you've registered?
"""

Okay so I'm not sure anymore so I go and try to sign in with that same email address for a new account.

And it says:

"""

We meet again!

It looks like you already have an Atlassian account with the email dominik.neise@udo.edu. Since we know who you are, we'll skip part of the sign up process and get you into Bitbucket.

"""

hu?!

Okay, I think ... finally I'm logged in ... but it goes on with:

"""

Success! Almost done.

Please choose a username for your Bitbucket account.

"""

What ?! I have a bb account already (dneise). And of course, when I type that in .. it says.

"""

That username already exists

"""

What is going on?

1 answer

0 votes
Alastair Wilkes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 1, 2016

Hi Dominik,

If these steps are occurring, it sounds like you're trying to log in using an email address that is not the primary email address on your Bitbucket account. This is why it tries to create a new account (which is an experience we are working on improving, because it's confusing). Try using the email address that is set as primary on your Bitbucket account.

If you have any trouble, give us a buzz on support@bitbucket.org and we'll be happy to help.

Thanks!

Alastair

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events