Cannot find Pull request merge checks option in project settings for PR approval restrictions

Kunal Modi January 30, 2022

In reference to the article, https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/checks-for-merging-pull-requests-776640039.html 

It was mentioned in the article that it is possible to enable merge check at project level which is then inherited by all the repositories in that project.

But in my account, I was unable to find any option for merge checks in the project settings. I have attached the screenshot of the same. Also, my account is a premium account so no doubt of any features missing.Screenshot 2022-01-31 105945.png

Please help me in this matter. Or if I am doing something wrong then please guide.

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 31, 2022

Hi, @Kunal Modi, thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community.

The link you have shared is related to Bitbucket Data Center and Server. By the screenshot you added, I understand you are working on Bitbucket Cloud, is that correct?

If that's the case, currently merge checks are only available at the repository level on Bitbucket Cloud. So, in case you want to configure this, you can access your repository > go to Repository settings > Branch permissions

We are already working on implementing project permissions on Bitbucket Cloud as well, as you can see in the following feature request that is in progress: 

I would suggest that you add yourself as a watcher (by selecting the Start watching this issue link) if you'd like to get notified via email on updates.

I hope this helps, but do let me know if you have any questions. 

Kind regards,
Caroline 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events