Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you have default reviewers required with exceptions for certain source branches?

Ian Weir
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 27, 2019

For example if there is a branch called "develop" that everyone targets PRs to for normal development that has a subset of default reviewers that have 1 required approval. Then there are also a long lived branch that is used for translations as well as the master branch. I would like the translation branch and the master branch to not require any  of the default reviewer's approval when merging into develop. Is there a way to achieve this?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Julius Davies _bit-booster_com_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2019

Create additional "Default Reviewers" rules that specify the exact source & target branches and set "Approvals Required" to 0 (zero).

You will still need to add at least one "Default Reviewer" username to the rule (it's a mandatory field), and that poor unfortunate soul will get added and notified on every PR that matches the exact source & target branch.

But because of the increased specificity these rules will take precedence when the source branch exactly matches, and so the merge button will remain enabled.

default-reviewers.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events