Can i connect two Bitbucket server to the same Git repository ?

Hi,

Can i connect two Bitbucket server to the same GIT repository ?

Best regards

2 answers

1 accepted

I'm not totally sure if I'm understanding your question correctly.

Reversing the question, you can connect one Git repository to two Bitbucket servers.  The first server - the one you clone from - will be automatically called "origin".  You can add a second remote to a git repo with the command 

git remote add <name> <url>

Once you've done that, you can push to and pull from either remote from the repo by specifying the remote's name.

If your'e trying to do something different, like set up an automatic syncing between two Bitbucket repos, please clarify.

Hi,

Thanks you answered my question "you can connect one Git repository to two Bitbucket servers"

I was trying to have two bitbutcket server one on each side of a firewall sharing identical git repository.

i might end up cloning my repository or stay on one side of the firewall. Not sur yet

Thanks

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Piotr Plewa
Published Dec 27, 2017 in Bitbucket

Recipe: Deploying AWS Lambda functions with Bitbucket Pipelines

Bitbucket Pipelines helps me manage and automate a number of serverless deployments to AWS Lambda and this is how I do it. I'm building Node.js Lambda functions using node-lambda&nbsp...

656 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot