Can I audit log a Bitbucket ?

cmardonespino May 15, 2018

Hi,

Like I said in the question, can I audit log a Bitbucket Cloud? Like who is loggin to my Bitbucket Cloud, etc? I used Dadadog to audit the commits, pull request, push, etc for some repository, but I need some that give me more information like who is login and logout to the Bitbucket Cloud, etc...

I hope can you help me

Regards!

2 answers

3 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 16, 2018

Hi Carlos! Are you referring to Bitbucket Server or Cloud? Both of them have an Audit feature but it works a bit differently.

For Server, you can see what you can do at Audit logging.

For Cloud, you can get more information at New audit logs.

Hope that helps!

Ana

cmardonespino May 16, 2018

Hi Ana!
Thanks a lot for answer my question! But like I said in my question, I need to audit log my Bitbubucket Cloud... I want to audit who is login, logout, who is register ssh key, permission of repositories, etc...

Currently I audit log the commits, pull request, push, etc with Datadog... But, I need some more complete to audit my Bitbucket Cloud ...

Regards!

Alan_Schwarzenberger August 20, 2018

Was this ever answered fully with up to date links? I can find a team audit log for admin actions in the UI, is that it?

Thanks

Zoe Sigried Caudroy October 8, 2018

any news about that ?

Ash.park December 19, 2018

I want clone audit log

Like Aaron Hong likes this
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 31, 2018

Hi Carlos, in Bitbucket Cloud you can not administer other users so you won't be able to audit that information. You won't be able to see any when they log in or out of our servers, or if they have an SSH key as that's private to their accounts.

Hope that clarifies!

Ana

Jorge Sanchez December 31, 2018

Hi Ana,

I've been following this thread and was wondering if this could this be considered as a feature request? There's definitely a use case on people being able to audit their Cloud Bitbucket repositories to know what's being done here.

Jorge

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
December 31, 2018

Hi @Jorge Sanchez!

There are several feature requests for audit log for Bitbucket Cloud, you can find some of them at Issue 9622Issue 14346, and Issue 14278. Our PMs often comment there so keep an eye for any updates :)

Hope that helps,

Ana

Like Tony Carter likes this
Jorge Sanchez January 2, 2019

Thanks Ana, will keep an eye on those.

Best,

Jorge

Aaron Hong April 17, 2021

Is it me or are the links from Dec 31, 2018 broken?

Hao La April 13, 2022

@Aaron Hong I can see those links you asked about just fine today.

Like Aaron Hong likes this
Aaron Hong April 13, 2022

Seems to work again, thanks

2 votes
Gilles Follic February 26, 2019

@cmardonespino Hi,

Could you tell us how you managed to audit Commits, Pull requests, etc.?

Did you use some kind of API to get access to those informations?

Thanks for your help

Gilles

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events