Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Branch restrictions in Stash

Vijay kumar August 21, 2015

We have recently started working on Stash and currently evaluating how we can restrict write access on branches in a GIT repositories using Stash. Using the Branch Permission option in Stash, we added only certain users to have write access to the Branch...but surprisingly, even after such a setting, all users are able to push their changes to this branch. Are we missing something here ? 

Note: We are having v3.3.1 Stash instance for evaluation.

5 answers

2 votes
Mark McCormack (Adaptavist)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2015

Vijay,

If you are specifically looking for Branch permission options I'd recommend upgrade to at least Stash 3.10 because there is a significant change towards this in the release. Please see the release notes for more information. I hope that helps.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/stash/stash-3-10-release-notes-749314613.html

0 votes
Vijay kumar August 26, 2015

Branch Permissions.

Branch-Permissions.jpg

Commits Made After Branch Permissions Were Defined

Commits-Made-After-Branch-Permissions-Where-Changed.jpg

0 votes

Hi

Attaching the screenshot of branch permission setting as well as the commits that were made after this setting was made.

CommitsMadeAfterPermisisonsWereSet.jpgBranchPermission.jpg

Tim Crall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2015

I can't read those

I am re-attaching the screenshots. Please advise

Tim Crall
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 28, 2015

That looks like it should work. Not sure why it isn't; sorry...

0 votes

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your advise. We did upgrade our stash instance to 3.11.2. Again there, I see that a developer for whom is not on the list of valid users with write access to a branch (in our case master branch) is able to push the changes to this restricted branch. Is there any how, i can check what is happening behind the scene so that I can decipher this issue.

Mark McCormack (Adaptavist)
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 26, 2015

Vijay,

As Tim Crall asked, could you please share a screenshot of your branch settings screen?

0 votes
Tim Crall
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 24, 2015

That seems very odd. Maybe include a screenshot of your branch settings screen? If you've set them up correctly, then people not on the list should not be able to push to that branch.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events