Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket works only after initial upgrade

Jason Mortiere February 12, 2019

I just upgraded to 6.0 and it works out of the gate.  On the Bitbucket server itself, the app loads and all of my data is there, working off of the same port.  My previous installation had a Windows Service created and would allow me to log out of the server, restart etc and BitBucket would just work 7990.

Now, after installation, the service is stopped and the window that states "Separate 'Tomcat' window" Please note that if you close this window, you will shut down BitBucket.

I've read the articles on how to change the path of the executable for the Windows Service to point at the new installation.

When I start it, I get a fatal error saying the previous version, home directory is incompatible.  Any ideas or steps I should take?!  I'm at a loss.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jason Mortiere February 12, 2019

I ended up following this article to create both new Windows Services (adding a new name to the service.bat install command) and disabling the originals.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/running-bitbucket-server-as-a-windows-service-776640048.html

I had to add a system server environment variable JAVA_HOME to point to my Java installation directory (make sure you close the command window after adding it if you need to.  The window apparently needs to reload newly added environment variables).

When creating the ElasticSearch service, in server version 6_0, I had to copy the elasticsearch/config-template folder contents to a newly created folder just called config.  The service.bat looks for a couple files in the config folder which does not exist by default.  I'm not sure if this is a reference bug in the service.bat file.

I had to add the local server ./altbitbucket user to Administrators group and set the Log On account in the new BitBucket Windows Service.

Lastly, to get search to run, in the search server settings, go to server settings and to search 7992 and punch in the credentials found in the C:\Atlassian\Bitbucket\6.0.0\elasticsearch\config\buckler\buckler.yml file.  If they're right, the Test button should show success.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events