Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket Server- Can we configure the repositories location?

Eyal Goren September 10, 2019

Hi,

Can you tell me if when we install Bitbucket Server on Linux RHEL, we can install it under /opt, but the repositories that are created be under a shared drive? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2019

@Eyal Goren  Bitbucket Server store repositories in <BITBUCKET_HOME>/data directory. To solve your problem, either you can mount home folder of Bitbucket Server to shared drive (which is really a great idea) or you can just mount `data` directory to shared drive.

You can learn more about how to update home directory, and what does it contain from this documentation provided by Atlassian - https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/bitbucket-server-home-directory-776640890.html

Eyal Goren September 11, 2019

Thanks DPK J!!

I we already have Bitbucket, can we move the data directory to a shared drive and then mount it to point there?

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2019

@Eyal GorenYes.

You can move content of data directory to shared drive, and  later mount that shared drive to <BITBUCKET_HOME>/data .

Few things you need consider are,

• User running Bitbucket must have write permission on shared drive
  • you stop Bitbucket server before doing this.

I suggested HOME directory first because, in that you just need to copy full content of home to shared driver and just set path of HOME directory to shared drive. No need for mount etc.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events