cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket DIY backup with PostgreS

McDaniel,Vanessa
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 1, 2022

Hello, we currently use Bitbucket DIY scripts as backup tool. Our DBA's recent questioned why we were backing up our PG database when they already back it up. From what I can gather, Bitbucket's backup strategy couples the files and data backups for a reason. 

I was wondering if anyone had experience commenting out just the database backup step(specifically PG here, but it probably doesn't matter for this question.) Currently we use the DIY scripts provided from Atlassian pretty much out of the box. Is it possible to do this? Is it advisable even? 

1 answer

0 votes
Ahmet Ozcelik November 3, 2022

Hi @McDaniel,Vanessa If you'd like to automate your Bitbucket backups, Rewind has a free marketplace app for Bitbucket Backups.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1228755/rewind-backups-for-bitbucket?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Rewind is SOC 2 (Type 2) and GDPR compliant and trusted by more than 100,000 companies worldwide. Rewind also provides backup and recovery solutions for Jira, GitHub, Trello, Quickbooks, Shopify and more. (You may find Rewind's G2 reviews here)

(Disclaimer: I work at Rewind as a PMM)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events