cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket Cloud JIRA Server Connection - API Error

ntst-smukadam
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 11, 2019

We're trying to set up connection between Bitbucket Cloud & JIRA (on-prem) server as per the steps outlined - 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/connect-bitbucket-cloud-to-jira-software-server-814208991.html

However, getting the following error in Step #2

{"type": "error", "error": {"message": "Resource removed", "detail": "This API is no longer supported.\n\nFor information about its removal, please refer to the deprecation notice at: https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/bitbucket/deprecation-notice-v1-apis/"}}

Any ideas, if this is still supported?

2 answers

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 18, 2019

Hi Shabbir,

Thanks for sharing your solution.  After some more clarification from other helpful Atlassians, it looks like this was something that has previously been addressed. 

Please see the KB Upgrading the Jira DVCS connector plugin.  This is a known issue where the older versions of this plugin are no longer able to properly connect to current Bitbucket Cloud repos due to changes made there to comply with GDPR regulations.

For other users that might find this thread, I would recommend that you upgrade the DVCS plugin in Jira as the way to resolve this.  The URL hacking method likely won't be a viable solution for much longer.

Regards,

Andy

1 vote
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 17, 2019

Hi Shabbir,

Sorry to hear about this problem. I have just recently been made aware of this problem.  It appears that the DVCS plugin that ships with Jira, is hard coded to use the REST API v1 endpoints when trying to communicate with Bitbucket Cloud sites.  Since the Cloud sites have started deprecating those endpoints, it seems that an update will likely be needed for that system plugin in Jira to make this work again.

I created a bug about this issue today over in JSWSERVER-20102

I would recommend watching that issue for updates and clicking the 'this affects my team' to help our development team better understand how many users are affected by this problem.

At the moment, I do not have a work-around for this issue.  Could you let me know what version of Jira Software you currently have installed here? 

Regards,

Andy

ntst-smukadam
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 17, 2019

Thanks Andrew for your reply! Our on-prem JIRA version is 7.1.6

We did find a manual work-around and got past this error - 

If you manually update the OAUTH URL in the browser to - (Add '!' char before api)

https://bitbucket.org/!api/1.0/oauth/authenticate?oauth_token=<OAUTH_TOKEN>

it goes to the correct page and completes the authorization process.

Best,

shabbir

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events