BitBucket stuck at loading screen

Tan Si Kai April 11, 2021

For 3 months, I have been using BitBucket solely for version control and code management. Everything is working fine, until an issue happens today. I opened BitBucket website to check my saved codes, but it stuck at the loading screen. It wouldn't finish loading and it just loads forever. I tried refreshing a few times, and also clear my cache and cookies, but to no avail. I logged in BitBucket by my company email and now that it stuck at the loading screen, it has caused great inconvenience to me as I couldn't check my commits and codes. Can someone propose a solution or help on this issue?

2 answers

2 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 12, 2021

Hi @Tan Si Kai ,

Are you using the add-on Adblock Plus in your browser?

We've had similar reports from other users which were caused by the EasyList filter in the AdBlock Plus extension incorrectly blocking a CloudFront URL, which prevents bitbucket.org from loading.

If you're using this add-on, you can do the following to fix the issue: right-click on your Adblock Plus extension > Option > Advanced list. You should see a filter list name EasyList; please click on the setting icon and click update to update your list. This should update your list to the latest one that includes the fix.

Please feel free to let us know if this helps or if you're still experiencing issues.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Ashraf Omar April 12, 2021

Thanks for your reply, Theodora. This helps.

Like Theodora Boudale likes this
patrick.durasiewicz April 13, 2021

I am surprised, but this works! I had to disable uBlock Origin for Bitbucket. Now I am not stuck in the endless loading loop anymore.

Like Theodora Boudale likes this
1 vote
Ashraf Omar April 12, 2021

Hi, I am also experiencing this issue.

I managed to view the repository by opening an incognito browser window and logging in there.

Logging in on another browser also seems to help in my case.

Tan Si Kai April 12, 2021

I see that login from incognito helps, but can I ever login from the browser that I usually use? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events