Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic syncing branches with master

Jordan Fox November 7, 2022

I am wondering if it is possible by configuring the branching model of a repo, outlined here. Whether we can configure this to automatically merge master into one or many development branches on a schedule or whenever master is updated? Thanks. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Syahrul
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 8, 2022

Hey @Jordan Fox 

Welcome to the community.

The documentation you shared is for the Bitbucket server only and does not apply to the Bitbucket cloud.

Bitbucket cloud Branching model 

That said, Bitbucket cloud doesn't have the feature to merge branches automatically. However, we do have an existing feature request on this that I highly suggest you Vote on and Watch so that you'll receive an update whenever we have any at:

Automatic branch merging for Bitbucket Cloud 

Cheers,
Syahrul

Jordan Fox November 8, 2022

Hey @Syahrul Thanks for getting back to me. I was not aware there are two separate services and sets of documentation for bitbucket server vs bitbucket cloud. Thanks for pointing that out. 
Would you happen to know if the specific feature I asked about (automatic merging master into another branch) is available on Bitbucket server? as I can't see any explicit reference to it.
I will upvote and watch this feature request post so thanks for that!

Syahrul
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 9, 2022

Hey @Jordan Fox 

If you are looking for automatic merging for the Bitbucket server, then this documentation should help you:

Bitbucket server - Automatic branch merging 

Cheers,
Syahrul

Like Jordan Fox likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events