After being forced to merge my bitbucket user with the atlassian one, sourcetree can't authenticate

JB July 1, 2016

I can log into Bitbucket using my Atlassian username (email address)/pass, but can't authenticate with remote in SourceTree, it says "please enter your Bitbucket/Github username and not an email address. 

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alastair Wilkes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 4, 2016

Hi John,

Apologies for the inconvenience. Try logging in to SourceTree using your Bitbucket username and your Atlassian account password. That should work, but if you have any questions shoot us an email (support at bitbucket dot org). Thanks!

0 votes
rshashkov November 19, 2016

Where to get my username, i cant find it? I log in to Atlassian with email/pass. My username not equals to my email?

Alastair Wilkes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 21, 2016

Hi Ruslan,

Your Bitbucket username is listed on your account settings page under "Bitbucket profile settings."

Hope that helps!

Alastair

Like rshashkov likes this
0 votes
Randy Rowland July 5, 2016

I swore I tried this and it didn't work.  Saw this answer and tried it again and it worked.  Must've just mistyped my password when I tried it before.  Thanks for the help.

Bitbucket username
Atlassian password 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events