Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add-ons for branch specific commit hooks?

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2019

Hi Folks!

I just had one of my developers ask if it was possible to have branch specific commit hooks.

What they want to accomplish is that they are committing database change scripts and they want to have an automated method for assigning them a numbered execution order based on when the pull request is accepted into the master branch.

Stack Overflow tells me that this is possible with some scripting work and while that isn't outside my comfort zone, I'm lazy by nature and I'm looking to see if someone else has already solved the problem before trying to re-invent the wheel.

What I'm wondering is if anyone knows of any existing BitBucket Server add-ons that make it easier to target a specific branch within a repository and run a script on the post-receive hook.

Is anyone familiar with anything that might already do what I'm looking to solve before I start doing the work myself?

Thanks!

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events