Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing artifacts directly from Bitbucket pipeline interface?

Brett James
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 28, 2022
Is it possible to configure a pipeline to output artifacts (such as coverage/test reports *.html) that are accessible in the pipeline UI in there original format, rather than compressed tar.gz?
I'm finding it quite clunky to download each time to view. On other CI tools, there is the capability to similar right click on the html artifacts and open in browser.
I have a pipeline with similar steps to the example below:

image: golang:1.19

pipelines:

default:

- step:

name: Build and Test

script:

- make build

- make test

- make coverage

- make lint

artifacts:

- generated/coverage/index.html

- generated/test-reports/*
Is there any way I can directly access artifacts (such as html files) from the UI? 

1 answer

0 votes
Patrik S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 29, 2022

Hello @Brett James ,

Welcome to Atlassian Community! 

If your build generates test results in JUnit or Maven Surefire XML formats, regardless of the language being used, you will be able to see the Test Reports directly in the web interface. The Tests report tab will only show if you have failed tests to review. More details on Test reporting in pipelines.

For tests in different formats or for any type of artifacts (which are compressed at the end of the step), I'm afraid it's not currently possible to view them directly in the UI, and you would have to download the artifact to visualize it.

We do have a feature request to implement the ability to view artifacts in the web browser, which you can find on the following link : 

I would suggest you to add your vote there, since this helps both developers and product managers to understand the interest. Also, make sure you add yourself as a watcher in case you want to receive first-hand updates from that ticket. Please note that all features are implemented with this policy in mind

Thank you, @Brett James !

Patrik S

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events