Pull Request Please for Bitbucket Server plugin functionality in bundled in Bitbucket

Srikanth Ganji December 6, 2022

Hello Team, 

I have tried to get more information on Pull Request Please for Bitbucket Server plugin replacement. Reached out to Mibexsoftware, they says this functionality already built-in for newer Bitbucket versions. 

Is it true? if so which Bitbucket DC supports this functionality?

So far i understand this plugin provide functionality to protect Git branch and tag references from pushes without a pull request, restriction can be Specific Git refs, Patterns for Git refs & pre-receive hook. 

Can anyone provide and suggest, how to reduce the dependency on the third party plugin instead use base Application functionality

Regards

Srikanth

1 comment

Christian Glockner
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 11, 2022

Hi Srikanth,

branch permissions (see https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver050/using-branch-permissions-913474668.html) have been around in Bitbucket Server for quite a while.

Cheers,

Christian

Premier Support Engineer

Atlassian

Srikanth Ganji December 12, 2022

Hi @Christian Glockner

Thank you, I have gone through Article. 

Now I'm looking to migrate the plugin data or configure to native application. 

I have collected list of repositories using this plugin but migration of this config is another issue. Do you any solution?

Regards

Srikanth 

Michael Rüegg _Mibex Software_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2022

Hi Srikanth,

The app vendor here.

To get the current hook settings, you can use the hook settings REST endpoint.

The hook key is ch.mibex.stash.prp:isPullRequest

For migrating to the Bitbucket branch permissions , I suggest that you use the create ref restriction REST endpoint from Bitbucket.

The corresponding branch restriction type is pull-request-only. You need to pass the list of branches to protect from the hook as "matcher" to this endpoint.

Does that help?

Best regards,
Michael from Mibex

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events