Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New PR experience mess!

Michał Fastyn December 29, 2020

I just would like to know what the hell you guys at BB UI design are doing? Because for me and my team you create bigger and bigger mess.

Recent changes for PR view:

• Merge button moved under [...]
    So one of most important buttons moved to submenu! YEAH! I can stand that.
  • List of files in PR
    It was visible right away. Now most important thing is hidden under "Files" tab.
    I have to switch to this tab EVERY SINGLE TIME when entering PR!
  • Activity
    Same thing. I must switch between tabs all the time to see changes. What a ridiculous idea!
  • REMOVED comments icon in file tree.
    Yeah, till now we could see in file tree that there are comments (small icon with number of comments). NO MORE!
    I must scroll over whole PR or change fancy filters to see where comments are.

Same thing was with "PR preferences" window that removed "show whitespaces" option from file. You added something but removed common functionality at the same time. You can check it here:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BCLOUD-20108
And what? Half year and no one give ****! You will "gather interest" for next 10 years. 

You created single page PR view that replaced old view just to go back to what it was? So we have to clickfest over tabs to see what we need? Whats wrong with you? Why you are constantly make our life harder?

You have time to do such garbage things, but you don't have time to make things that are REALLY important for us? Like:
resolvable comments (since 2013)
"pre-receive" hook (since 2014)

How long we had to wait for giving us back such basic functionality like "comment likes"?! 1-2 years to give us back what was available in old PR?

Oh, and do you remember that in old experience we had something like live view? We could see who is watching PRs at the moment and dynamically loaded comments when added by another person. NO MORE! In new PR experience this is not even planned.

Same thing every BB update - mixed feelings:
- you give us something now, that looks good and may help us in work
- but at the same time you do stupid things that annoy us and make our life harder

1 comment

Ming Gong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 5, 2021

Thank you for your earnest feedback, @Michał Fastyn

Sorry to see the changes we have made have not come without tradeoffs or impacts to your workflow. Also, we take special note of the frustration this might have caused your team. 

The Bitbucket Team has been looking at this feedback and will address some of these concerns in the coming months. For example, the comments icon will be added to the file tree soon and we will continue to optimize the the tabbed sidebar so that it is easier to retain context.

The older items that have remained unresolved require significant effort from our teams and they are very much in our field of view.

We are aware that every future changes can be disruptive even if they improve the experience. We hope to continue to receive feedback like this from you and from across our community to help us understand where we have yet to improve. Thank you again. 

Like Tyler T likes this
Sean Lively January 18, 2021

I am also SUPER frustrated with the File Tab change. Your team took the time to put in a preferences toggle for File View "Tree" vs "List", give us another one "Main Tab" vs "Separate Tab".

I missed deploying a package today because I forgot to check the damn file tab.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events