It should be possible to hide diff of some of the files by default

When reviewing PR it's offen problematic if the PR contains big autogenerated changes. Especially in files like `yarn.lock` or `package-lock.json`. Those files are totally not interesting for me and I'd prefer them to be collapsed by default.

All of the files are expanded by default and with many lines to show (around few thousands) it starts to be really troublesome to navigate (page is lagging)

Can you guys make it collapsed by default and save the reviewers pain of looking at massive and not interesting diffs?

yarnlocks.PNG

Example above

1 comment

I disagree, the linked feature request is not really the same. Especially since bitbucket doesn't auto-load some files once a diff has reached a certain size. So if I have a project with files

```

package.json

package-lock.json

sourcefile1

sourcefile2

````

`sourcefile1` and `sourcefile2` always get stuck with the annoying `Oops! You've got a lot of code in this diff and it couldn't load with the page. Click here to give it another chance.` message.

It seems like bitbucket should be smart enough to recognize common files like `package-lock.json` use extremely common and almost always have a very log signal:noise ratio, and collapse them accordingly. Or at least move them to the end of the diff, which presumably would make them more likely to get the `Oops!` message than the actual source code.

Comment

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Aug 10, 2018 in Bitbucket

What is your #1 piece of advice to new users getting started using Bitbucket?

Hello Community! My name is Claire Maynard, and I’m a Product Marketing Manager on the Bitbucket team. I’m interested in hearing what advice or tips you have for new users getting started on ...

284 views 15 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you