It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Exclude files from Bitbucket's new pull request experience Edited

Tom Kane Atlassian Team Jan 29, 2019

Hello community!

I'm excited to share that we've released a new feature called Excluded files. You can now exclude files in large diffs on pull requests for which you are the admin, so the review process is easier for everyone involved.

To enable the new feature, go to the repository containing the pull request and click Settings > Excluded files in the Pull Requests section. Learn more.

Please note that for now, the Excluded files filter is only available in the new pull request experience.

Happy coding!

Tom

Bitbucket Developer

3 comments

Saile Dalil Feb 06, 2019 • edited Feb 10, 2019

Super thanks for this new very useful feature 

________________________________________________________________________________

Appvalley TutuApp Tweakbox

Like # people like this
Kevin Gwynn Feb 20, 2019

Super excited about the "Excluded files" feature - it's VERY needed as all our diffs are difficult to manage with package-lock.json changes.

HOWEVER, I cannot seem to get it to work. I have tried turning on "New pull request experience" but it has NO EFFECT on our PR's. I'm not sure why... is there an initialization time of some sort? I've tried turning it off and on, creating PR's after turning it on, to no avail. Can someone help?

Tyler Tadej Atlassian Team Feb 21, 2019

As @Alastair Wilkes mentioned in your other post - this might be caused by toggling the feature for a team account versus a personal account. The "New pull request experience" feature can only be activated on a personal account level.

For others that have run into the same issue, please see this post: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-questions/quot-New-pull-request-experience-quot-has-no-effect/qaq-p/1014162#M38857

Kevin Gwynn Feb 21, 2019

Thank you Tyler. Yep, that was the problem. I also had to clear cookies for BitBucket.org in order to see the new experience.

Robert Dailey May 02, 2019

It's completely pointless to still generate HTML for excluded files. I am trying to utilize Exclude Files to slim down a pull request that fails to load due to having 5000+ files. But because 99% of the files are in an excluded directory, *AND* those files still generate HTML which requires massive load time, the PR still won't load!

You should not generate UI or data for excluded files. Excluded files should not require processing of any kind. Why is the server/client code still having to process excluded files? How am I supposed to exclude our third party libraries directory so that it doesn't cause PRs to fail to load due to number of files?!

Comment

Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket Pipelines

Building a Bitbucket Pipe as a casual coder

...ipe.sh :  #!/bin/bash source "$(dirname "$0")/common.sh" enable_debug extra_args="" if [[ "${DEBUG}" == "true" ]]; then extra_args="--verbose" fi # mandatory variables R...

1,911 views 1 19
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you