rest api to create a release after successful stage

robin April 10, 2019

Hi,

Can rest api of bamboo, create a release after successful stage of a build? I am using rest api to create a release in bamboo, but the issue is it requires the build result key. But artifacts are available after the first stage and the subsequent stages are so much time consuming. Is there any way to create release after the successful stage. I am aware of the "after successful stage" trigger, but in our case lot of branches are getting created. So we can't add trigger for all branches manually.

Thanks in advance

1 answer

0 votes
Victor Debone
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 10, 2019

Hello @robin welcome to the Community :)

If I understood you correctly, the problem you are having is that the stages after the first one are slow and need a lot more time, while you would like to have a release right after the first stage.

Did you consider the alternative to have the plan split into two plans? The first plan after success would trigger both the second plan with slow stages and the deployment.

Victor

robin April 10, 2019

Thanks for the response @Victor Debone !!!

I will go with this approach. I would like to know if there is any undocumented REST available to add the "after successful stage" trigger in deployment project environment or even to change the branch of existing trigger. When I inspected the network calls, I found one POST call is going to 'http://url/deploy/config/updateEnvironmentTrigger.action' . But it doesn't worked for me. :(

Victor Debone
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 11, 2019

You are welcome @robin :)

Currently we don't have a REST endpoint to alter environments triggers, you can follow this suggestion at BAM-20107.

Victor

robin April 11, 2019

Okay, Thanks @Victor Debone :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events