cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Latest Bamboo Spec throws exception"

thirumurugan.karunakaran
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 17, 2020

Hi,

I updated the version of Bamboo Spec from 6.9.1 to 7.1.1 in my pom.xml since our Bamboo server was updated to 7.1.1

After that we started getting the following exception thrown in the server when we try to create a Bamboo plan using the API:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:  "java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.yaml.snakeyaml.LoaderOptions.setMaxAliasesForCollections(I)V\r\n\tat com.atlassian.bamboo.specs.util.IsolatedYamlizator.execute(IsolatedYamlizator.java:24)\r\n\tat com.atlassian.bamboo.specs.util.BambooSpecSerializer.dump(BambooSpecSerializer.java:19)\r\n\tat com.atlassian.bamboo.specs.util.BambooServer.publish(BambooServer.java:73)

Kindly help. Looks like this is a issue with the latest Bamboo Spec version.

2 answers

0 votes
dbu April 7, 2021

Hi,

i have a very similar error when deploying Bamboo specs using "mvn -P publish-specs":

Execution default-cli of goal com.atlassian.bamboo:bamboo-specs-runner:7.2.2:run failed: 
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.yaml.snakeyaml.DumperOptions.setDefaultFlowStyle(Lorg/yaml/snakeyaml/DumperOptions$FlowStyle;)V -> [Help 1]

I have no SnakeYAML dependencies in my pom.xml. It seems to be a problem with the latest Bamboo spec version.

Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 7, 2021

@dbu what's bamboo-specs version at your pom.xml

Do you see any snakeyaml dependency when run 

mvn dependency:tree 
or
mvn help:effective-pom
dbu April 7, 2021

Bamboo specs version is: 7.2.2

Dependency tree shows: org.yaml:snakeyaml:jar:1.27:compile

I have to correct my previous post: I am using "atlas-mvn -P pusblish-specs" instead of "mvn -P pusblish-specs".

I found out that the problem occurs only with Atlassian plugin SDK 8.2.6. If I use mvn instead of atlas-mvn or downgrade the SDK to 8.2.2 the deployment works fine.

Like Alexey Chystoprudov likes this
0 votes
Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 17, 2020

If you have any dependencies to SnakeYAML at pom.xml, update them to use version 1.26

thirumurugan.karunakaran
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 23, 2020

This helped fix the issue. Thanks Alexey.

Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
September 23, 2020

Glad to hear. Can you tell why you need SnakeYAML at dependencies?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events