Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to run plans sequentially for a specific branch in a project?

sshrivastava22 January 22, 2020

Hello,

i have a project structure like this :

Project XYZ

- Plan A

- Plan B

- Plan C

- Plan D

is it possible to configure a plan that runs all plans inside a project for a specific branch and also disable a plan ?

Like run all plans for a `release` branch and disable Plan C so it runs A, B and D only.

1 answer

0 votes
Jeyanthan I
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 24, 2020

Hi @sshrivastava22 ,

It is possible to configure all these plans to run sequentially by configuring dependencies. You can make PlanA as a parent for PlanB, and so on. This way, once Plan A is done running, it triggers other plans sequentially.

There is no option to disable a plan once it is finished running. Could you please elaborate the need to disable a plan once it is done running? If it is a plan branch, how about configuring Automatic branch management? This helps to clean up (disable) a plan branch automatically soon after there is no new commits in that branch.

You may also check if configuring a strict Dependency blocking strategy helps for your use case such that a particular plan doesn't run if it doesn't meet some criteria.

Hope that helps! If I misunderstood your requirement, please clarify.

Cheers,
Jey

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events