Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to run automation tests in Bamboo

Elena March 13, 2020

Hi all,

I have copied and added the Test Automation Repository from Bitbucket to Bamboo. Before we started using Bamboo ,we used Jenkins.In Jenkins I have configured a job ,in which you can choose if you want to run smoke/regression/all tests. Jenkins was configured with Testcafe Framework for Automation Testing. In Bamboo is now the situation ,that when I run a build , the smoke tests are starting automatically. But I want that i can run all automation tests manually without waiting to run a build.

Does somebody know how I can do this - at everypoint that I can run all tests?

Thank you in advance,

BR,

Elena

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 13, 2020

Hi @Elena,

Welcome to the Community!

I don't see anything that indicates there is a "TestCafe" specific task or app for Bamboo.  What type of task are you using currently to run your Automated Tests.

Without having any other specific details, in general, when there isn't a task type available my recommendation would be to use a "Script Task" and use that to write a wrapper that allows you to call your automated tests with the parameters that include which set of tests you would like to execute.

I hope that helps!

-Jimmy

Elena March 13, 2020

Hi Jimmy,

The tests are running through Visual Studio Code ,if this is what you mean by "task" .  

I have created a plan and then I added 2 jobs in this plan ,one of them is connected with the tests.Inside it I added the URL of the Git repository.When I run the plan - automatcially started the build of the app and the the smoke tests . But I want that all the tests are running every night,that is why i checked this information here

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/single-daily-build-289276899.html

I am not sure if this could help me ,becaufe i want to run only the tests every night,without running the build of the app . 

Did you understand what I mean? 

Elena

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 13, 2020

Hi Elena,

That document talks about setting up how to trigger the build to happen daily automatically, but that doesn't describe what actions are being run as a part of the build.

Are you able to share any screenshots of your build plan definition?  when I use the term "task" I'm talking about the steps that you would add to one of the jobs within your build plan.

For instance, usually the first task executed is a "Source Code Checkout" task.

Depending on what language your source code is written in, the next "tasks" run could be a script, maven build, msbuild, etc.

If things are just happening automatically after the source code checkout.  It should like your repository has a defintion file (msbuild, csproj, package.json) that is deciding what should be executed by default and you make need to edit that file before letting the daily build run.

I hope that helps!

-Jimmy

Elena March 16, 2020

Hi JImmy,

Thank you for the useful Information. 

It helped a lot !

BR,

Elena

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events