Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can I get rid of the following locked screen after renewing my trial license?

Tome Petros January 5, 2018

Here is the screen:

As you see it requires an filling up an additional field which I have no way of filling?

I need to get rid of that field which is called,"Please enter the word as shown below"

Screenshot from 2018-01-05 09-36-30.png

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 5, 2018

Hi Tome,

There is a knowledge base article titled Captcha not showing after a couple of failed attempts that may help with this:

Cause

The first thing will be to check whether or not you are running bamboo on a supported JDK. This should usually be OpenJDK 1.7 or Oracle JDK 1.6 or 1.7. Check this on our Supported platforms page. Another root cause could be that your server is headless which means that there s no graphic environment to load the captcha service.

Resolution

1. Stop Bamboo
  2. Edit the HOME/xml-data/configuration/administration.xml file and you will see a block:

<captchaConfiguration>
    <enableCaptcha>true</enableCaptcha>
    <enableCaptchaOnSignup>true</enableCaptchaOnSignup>
    <maxLoginAttempts>3</maxLoginAttempts>
    </captchaConfiguration>

change it to below and restart Bamboo to disable captcha so that you can get access

<captchaConfiguration>
    <enableCaptcha>false</enableCaptcha>
    <enableCaptchaOnSignup>true</enableCaptchaOnSignup>
    <maxLoginAttempts>3</maxLoginAttempts>
    </captchaConfiguration>
  3. Now verify from your system information page whether you have this environment variable set:  -Djava.awt.headless=true . If its not set, please set it based on the guide Configuring your system properties

Let me know if that helps.  If not, take a look at the logs and see if you see anything similar to the log snippet from the article I referenced.

Cheers,

Branden

Tome Petros January 5, 2018

Hello Brandon,

I did not have captchaConfiguration block in my administration.xml file. So, I just added it there, restarted it, and my problem was solved.

Thank you very much

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events