Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

git checkout fails due to windows path length restriction

Timothy Borrowdale April 16, 2014

Our .net source folder structure ends up with some very long file paths (think \verylongsolutionname\verylongprojectname\Service References\verylongservicename\verylongprojectname.verylongservicename.datasource). This code is (currently) autogenerated through visual studio, so changing them to short names would be a large task with continual maintenance.

This limits us when cloning the repository to quite short repository paths. When bamboo checks out the version it tries to do so into something like this "bamboo-home\xml-data\build-dir\HZN-DEV-JOB1" it fails because it's violating windows 260 char limit. I'm guessing this sort of path structure is hard coded, so I can't just get it to clone into c:\shortpath or similar...

Has anyone overcome this sort of issue?

1 answer

0 votes
Jason Monsorno
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2014

We had a problem with the build not the checkout so it was a bit easier to handle. I made a symlink to bamboo-home\xml-data\build-dir and always used that.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events