Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bamboo.repository.branch.name' is set in the Project variables, but running branch name Master

Aisha Ali March 27, 2019

I am unable to get correct branch in my new branch as bamboo is not honoring the new branch instead it is substituting new branch 'ABC' for 'Master' everytime I do a build in ABC branch it substitutes the ABC branch for Master branch. I have checked the variables in ABC branch are set correctly. 

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 28, 2019

Hi @Aisha Ali

Bamboo should honor that the first repository of your plan matches the source branch that caused the plan branch creation. That is not the case for any other extra repositories added to the same plan. All others will be automatically set to the default branch in the repository configuration which is usually master.

It is important to notice that, for plan branches, in newer versions of Bamboo you are able to set any source branch available in your source repository. This configuration can be found at Plan configuration >> (Affected Branch) >> Repositories >> (First repository) >> Branch field.

Please confirm:

1. The plan branch configured in the repositories tab of your plan branch is correctly pointing to the branch 'ABC'
  2. As I said before, Bamboo will honor changing the branches automatically only for the first repository in your plan (assuming you have more). Please check if the affected repository is the first one in the list or not.

Please share your findings here.

Aisha Ali March 30, 2019

Still not working see screenshots it keeps substituting Junospace with Master branch

branch config.pngbranch variable.pnglog.png

Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 31, 2019

Hi @Aisha Ali

Thank you for attaching the screenshots, they are really helpful to diagnose the issue.

Now I think I got what is happening there. 

First of all, the variable echo bamboo.repository.branch.name is read-only. It is a variable that is now deprecated, still sitting there only for compatibility purposes.

I'm not sure what is the Bamboo version you use there, but the most recent Bamboo versions have this variable bamboo.planRepository.<position>.branch. (Bamboo variables).

Please give it a try and you should see the correct branch according to what is configured in your plan branch source repository.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events