Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bamboo fails to build

mduduzi ndlanzi November 15, 2019

i have installed bamboo and its running on Centos 7. Now i`m having issues when it comes to build as i get the following errors - :

Cleaned source directory '/opt/bamboo/atlassian-bamboo-6.9.1/bin/C:/bamboo/bamboo-home/xml-data/build-dir/DS-DBR0-JOB1'...

Checking out revision 59b5d0c6e911e23d7c6a5d8c1b85d9da4e53ad92.

Creating local git repository in '/opt/bamboo/atlassian-bamboo-6.9.1/bin/C:/bamboo/bamboo-home/xml-data/build-dir/DS-DBR0-JOB1/.git'.

/usr/bin/git clone /opt/bamboo/atlassian-bamboo-6.9.1/bin/C:/bamboo/bamboo-home/xml-data/build-dir/_git-repositories-cache/191367b823096e155ae5b31f44cb90ab62bc758d --shared --no-checkout '-c filter.lfs.smudge=' '-c filter.lfs.required=false' /opt/bamboo/atlassian-bamboo-6.9.1/bin/C:/bamboo/bamboo-home/xml-data/build-dir/DS-DBR0-JOB1

Cloning into '/opt/bamboo/atlassian-bamboo-6.9.1/bin/C:/bamboo/bamboo-home/xml-data/build-dir/DS-DBR0-JOB1'...

ssh: Could not resolve hostname /opt/bamboo/atlassian-bamboo-6.9.1/bin/c: Name or service not known

fatal: Could not read from remote repository.

Please make sure you have the correct access rights and the repository exists.

Checkout to revision 59b5d0c6e911e23d7c6a5d8c1b85d9da4e53ad92 has failed.

/usr/bin/git remote set-url origin file:///opt/bamboo/atlassian-bamboo-6.9.1/bin/C:/bamboo/bamboo-home/xml-data/build-dir/_git-repositories-cache/191367b823096e155ae5b31f44cb90ab62bc758d

fatal: Not a git repository (or any parent up to mount point /opt)

Stopping at filesystem boundary (GIT_DISCOVERY_ACROSS_FILESYSTEM not set).

Error occurred while running Task 'Checkout Default Repository(1)' of type com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.vcs:task.vcs.checkout.

com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.stash.repository.StashRepositoryException

at com.atlassian.bamboo.executor.RetryingTaskExecutor.rerun(RetryingTaskExecutor.java:141)

Caused by: com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.git.GitCommandException: command [/usr/bin/git remote set-url origin file:///opt/bamboo/atlassian-bamboo-6.9.1/bin/C:/bamboo/bamboo-home/xml-data/build-dir/_git-repositories-cache/191367b823096e155ae5b31f44cb90ab62bc758d] failed with code 128. Working directory was [/opt/bamboo/atlassian-bamboo-6.9.1/bin/C:/bamboo/bamboo-home/xml-data/build-dir/DS-DBR0-JOB1]., stderr:

atal: Not a git repository (or any parent up to mount point /opt)

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 18, 2019

Hi @mduduzi ndlanzi

There is something really odd going on there.
I can see that your paths are mixed with Linux and Windows formats...

e.g.:

/opt/bamboo/atlassian-bamboo-6.9.1/bin/C:/bamboo/bamboo-home/xml-data/build-dir/DS-DBR0-JOB1

Questions

• Where is the git repository located and how is it configured in Bamboo?
  • Was this instance installed in Windows before and migrated to Centos?
  • What is the path configured in <Bamboo_Install>/atlassian-bamboo/WEB-INF/classes/bamboo-init.properties ?
  • How are the paths configured in <Bamboo_Home>/bamboo.cfg.xml?
    Are they in windows or Linux format? (Forward slash or Backslash)
  • Are you running this on a Windows or Linux agent?

I hope the questions above will help us to narrow down this issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events