Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XSRF token error with IIS reverse proxy

Bob Rzadzki April 21, 2022

Bamboo Server v7.2.4 / IIS 10

Setup a reverse proxy in IIS so my team can access our Bamboo instance on a user-friendly URL. This is working perfectly everywhere except for the Deployments page where I see this error:

1.PNG

The release statuses never load, showing the "waiting" spinner indefinitely.

In the Network tab of dev tools, I see 403 errors for each access to [server-name]/rest/api/latest/deploy/dashboard/status -- the server's response for each of these is "XSRF check failed".

I have tried unchecking "Enable XSRF Protection" in Security Settings and this has no effect.

Can anyone advise on specific IIS settings to pass along CSRF tokens correctly? I do not need a general setup guide for ARR/reverse proxies; this is a more specific error.

Alternatively, can anyone advise on truly disabling XSRF protection in Bamboo? Options in Security Settings have not been effective.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bob Rzadzki April 26, 2022

I was missing a step in configuring Bamboo behind a reverse proxy. For anyone else running into a similar issue - and similarly having trouble finding the right docs - have a look here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamkb/securing-bamboo-behind-nginx-using-ssl-829075298.html

In my case, I had configured IIS as the reverse proxy and everything (except the Deployments page) was working well. Deployments showed the error in the upper right (annoying because it blocks the menu) and failed to complete any of the async calls to get environment statuses.

From the linked doc, I only had to add Step 1: Configure the Tomcat Connector to get it working 100%. I commented out the original Connector for port 8085 and replaced it with the one on this page; restarted Bamboo through services.msc; and suddenly life was good.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events