Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will "Source Code Checkout" Bamboo task checkout the branch

Venkat Pasula April 13, 2018

Hello All,

I am new to Atlassian world . I am creating a new build plan . As part of the build plan, I am creating a "Source Code Checkout" Bamboo task. I am confused with the word Checkout . I want to know  if  this task would really checkout the branch for the build?.

2 answers

1 vote
edwin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2018

Hi Venkat,

Yes. This task will checkout the branch you have set in the configuration.

Here is some documentation.

Linking to source code repositories

Checking out code

0 votes
Venkat Pasula April 16, 2018

Edwin .Thank you so much for your reply.See the branching model attached.

I am planning to setup a build plan  for all the code that is being pushed to Develop branch. If the branch is checked out during the build , that means I am not allowing developers to push their changes from their DEV_Feature branch to Develop Branch. I do not want to stop the developers from pushing their code. Please advice ..Branch_Demo.png

edwin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2018

Venkat,

I would look into plan branches, DEV_feature-1,2 branches should also have their own builds triggered by commits and merges. Then you can automate and auto merge the code into Develop after successful builds in the feature branches or merge manually.

Using plan branches

When you merge to Develop, it should trigger a build there as well .. then you can move to Release.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events