Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why doesn't the Bamboo audit log (in build and deploy) show the year?

Miranda LeBlanc December 11, 2019

When using the plan configuration to look at build plan audit logs, or using the deploy project audit log, I'm curious why the timestamp displays without the year? Is there a reason for that? We have plans that have been in use for many years and it's hard to go back through the history when trying to troubleshoot errors. 

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 19, 2019

Hi @Miranda LeBlanc

That is indeed a good observation, thank you for pointing that out.
I've opened an improvement request to adjust this: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-20753.

I'm assuming that you need this information now and you won't be able to wait for this improvement. With that in mind, I suggest you check the Bamboo audit_log table (as a workaround). That table holds the plans, deployment audit logs and more.

This is an example of a query that could be used in Postgres to get the plan related audit logs:

select 
to_timestamp(TRUNC( CAST(msg_time_stamp AS bigint)/1000)) human_timestamp,
from
audit_log
where
lower(entity_type) like lower('Plan')
and entity_id like 'PLAN-KEY'
order by msg_time_stamp desc

I hope that helps.

=]

0 votes
Miranda LeBlanc December 19, 2019

Thank you so much @Daniel Santos

The majority of our users don't have access to the audit_log table, so it will be great when the component can show the year. In the meantime, our system administrators have been helping me out. 

Hopefully this is a quick and easy fix :)

Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 22, 2019

Hopefully this is a quick and easy fix :)

You were right. The developers tackled this one very quickly. The suggested change will be available in Bamboo 7.0.0 and 6.10.5. 

Enjoy the holidays!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events